3.04.2008

escape gracefully.



I've been trying to motivate myself to get out of retail for the last three years. Retail work is at the bottom of the good job triangle. After nearly fours years in the business of selling c.d.s I might be on my way to a real job. You know one that requires you to get up at the same time, five days in a row and spend eight miserable hours shuffling paper.

A friend told me about a position in her office (which just so happens to be at the Postal Office) and recommended me for the job. I immediately got a phone call from a man requesting I come in to fill out paperwork. Today is the day where I fill out paperwork. I'm nervous because I have a very bad memory and all in all I think I won't be able to fill out the paperwork without freaking out in some small way and/or not filling one or two things. I need this job.

I went shopping with my mother ::Shudder:: for business casual work attire. I ended up buying stuff that is way too big for me because my mom is convinced I'm THAT huge. I know I'm a big girl but really? I need to go out shopping with some friends and call it a day. I can't help but think that she's already trying to sabotage my chances at this job. She decides that she wants to stay home the day of my paperwork adventure. She's trying to see what I'm going to wear. It'll end up with her yelling at me about something I'm wearing and I'll just end up going to the paperwork thing upset. She's a bitch.

That being said the only thing calming down all of my nervous energy is writing this little blurb right now.
Oh jeez... I feel nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment