3.30.2008

dream nervously



I've recently escaped the retail prison in favor of something new and better paying. My first day is tomorrow. I'll be taking the two hour train ride to queens beginning at 6:25am and getting to flushing possibly a half hour earlier than I'm supposed to be. I'm a complete nervous freak about time and I want there to be an absurd amount of time to wander before I have to actually go into the building. My big fears of a new job are the following: Not knowing what the hell I'm doing 95% of the time I'm there, being over/under dressed for the establishment, completely fucking something up and getting yelled at by new boss on the first day, not relating well to people because of my shy persona which I cannot escape, and getting ill out of nervousness.

I made the terrible mistake of eating a large dinner and now I'm stuck feeling like I have to vomit right before I attempt to go to sleep. I told myself I wanted to be in bed before 10pm and its 10:25pm now and I'm dreading the sleep thing.

Time will tell whether or not I'll be prepared for this new gig. I guess its just time to grow up. Off to bed before 12am and on my way to becoming an actual adult. My 22 years haven't prepared me for anything like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment